Application deadline: 15 February 2018
Decisions notified by 15 March 2018
Students applying for the seminar are required to send:
- a tentative research proposal (or statement of purpose), max. 5 pages,
- a motivation letter, indicating interest and justification for participation, and
- a recent curriculum vitae.
The application is submitted HERE.
Preferred file formats are doc, docx and PDF.
Fees and Payment
The whole fee for the Summer School is 750€. It covers:
- tuition and registration
- course materials
- lunch and refreshments on tuition days
- access to the wireless network of University of Tampere, and
- access to the university library, with an extensive collection of books on translation
The fee does not cover travel expenses, accommodation, insurance, or meals (other than lunch on tuition days). The School will recommend accommodation for students selected at a reasonable price. The university library has photocopying facilities (photocopying fees apply) and computers that may be used to access a wide range of e-books and e-journals (allow printing but not saving; printing fees apply).
Once applicants have been accepted for the course, they may request an admission letter that can be used for visa application purposes.
A limited number of partial bursaries will be available for applicants who demonstrate need and merit. Any applicant wishing to be considered for a bursary must indicate this in the application form.