Altogether 34 abstracts to be presented at the conference were received.
Many thanks to all who submitted their work! The abstracts cover topics such as:
- The many faces of digitalisation
- Cross-border collaboration in regional development and collaborative innovations
- New tools for regional development and regional innovation systems
- Regional economic growth and the consequences of rapid city growth
- Regional impacts of large factory implementations
- New trends in rural development
- Policy debate on urban-rural development
Additionally, the Consultancy for Regional Development (MDI) will organise a panel discussion on the ‘good life’ in shrinking communities and regions.
The final programme will be published no later than 30 May 2019.
The conference invited papers that:
1) Analyse the trends of urbanisation and/or digitalisation in the regional context
2) Provide examples and explanations of agile “Davids” and/or massive “Goliaths” in the regional setting
3) Contribute to the discussion of past, current and/or future paradigms and trends in the urban and regional development.
We welcomed papers from academics and practitioners with an academic interest from Nordic countries, Europe and beyond. The conference encourages transdisciplinary and innovative approaches and policy-relevant research.
Additionally, participation is possible for those who are not interested in presenting a paper. This conference is also an exceptional opportunity for the regional policy-makers to tap into cutting-edge scientific knowledge. The working language of the conference is English.
Abstract submission has now ended.
To encourage conversation and mutual learning, we prefer substantial abstracts of 300 – 400 words which present the main ideas, methods and arguments of the presentation.
Abstracts will be refereed. You will be notified of the acceptance no later than 15 March 2019. Deadline for speaker registration is 30 April 2019.
We also welcome special sessions related to the conference theme (e.g. policy round tables). If you are interested in organising one, please contact the local organising committee via e-mail at email@example.com.